An app by the Nelson Marlborough DHB, to track your baby or infant's health progress and set reminders for their health checks and appointments.
|Well Child App||By Nelson Marlborough DHB|
Get the app from
|Country of origin||
Read a clinical review of this app.
What does the app do?
The Well Child app app helps New Zealand parents create a health record for their child (0-5 years). By entering your child's date of birth, the app uses the device calendar to automatically set reminders for important dates like Well Child checkups and immunisations. It also allows you to record your child's growth details such as their height and weight. The app underwent a major upgrade in July 2018, with a new easy-to-follow layout and now includes a large amount of information from various New Zealand sources. Examples of the features in the app are:
- Immunisation: information on the National immunisation schedule, your child's immunisation schedule based on their age and information on immunisation.
- First aid: information on how to deal with common first aid and emergency situations in babies and children such as CPR, choking, burns, asthma, meningitis, diarrhoea and vomiting, etc
- Child assessment: details of what to expect at the various assessments during your infants development such as in the first week, 4-6 weeks, 8-10 weeks, 3-4 months, etc.
- Child safety: handy tips on how to keep your toddler safe such as car safety, infant mental health, infectious diseases, etc
- Moving and playing: tips on the kinds of physical activity and play babies and toddlers need to be healthy.
- Learning and development: includes a range of topics such as breastfeeding, bottle feeding, postnatal depression, toilet training, speech and language, etc
- Safe sleep: information on creating a safe sleeping environment for your baby and protecting your baby from SUDI.
- Health eating: information on how to give your baby and toddler the right nutrition.
- Wellbeing: information on bonding, and getting to know your baby.
- Sun safety: how to protect your baby and toddler from the sun including information on sunscreen.
- Oral health: tips on how to care for your child's teeth.
- Healthy weight: ways to help your child achieve a healthy weight.
The app is designed to be used alongside the Well Child Tamariki Ora My Health book (also known as the Plunket book). For a more detailed description of the app, see App website, App store or Google Play store and for a detailed review, see Reviews.
✔ Large amount of very useful child health information taken from a variety of New Zealand sources.
✘ The measurement section could be improved:
Privacy and security
The app clearly states that it does not collect or save any personal information or data. All information used in the app is stores on each individual device and the responsibility is on the user to keep their data secure. Read more about things you can do to improve your safety and security when using apps.
Date of review: January 2019
Platform reviewed: Android
App version: 2.0.1
Download size: 24 MB
Updated: July 2018
|If you are the developer and would like to provide updated information about this app, please email the app library manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Disclaimer: Health Navigator’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.