Support services and information to help with breastfeeding.
La Leche League and your local Parents Centre.
Phone (04) 471 0690. Support for women who want to breastfeed their babies.
Freephone 0800 933 922 anytime day or night for advice about breastfeeding. For detailed help, contact a lactation consultant.
Te Rito Ora
A free community-based service that provides breastfeeding support and nutrition advice for all mothers and babies who live in Counties Manukau. Phone 0800 435 723 (Mon–Fri 8am–5pm) or email TeRitoOra@middlemore.co.nz.
The Gastric Reflux Support Network NZ
Freephone 0800 380 517. For parents of infants and children with gastric reflux.
The Trust Tararua
A one-stop shop for supporting families through pregnancy, parenting, and family challenges for people living in the Tararua area. Phone 06 376 7608 or email email@example.com.
Wellington Regional Public Health Service
Find a breastfeeding service in the greater Wellington region.
The following doctors practise breastfeeding medicine and are available for online or face‑to‑face consultations:
- Dr Yvonne LeFort, Auckland firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Katie Fourie, Hamilton email@example.com
- Dr Whitney Davis, Tauranga firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Heather Johnston, Palmerston North email@example.com
- Dr Danuta Amelung, Lower Hutt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Sophie-Lee Mace, Nelson/Tasman Sophie@babyclinic.co.nz