Easy-to-read medicine information about glycopyrronium + indacaterol - what is it, how to take glycopyrronium + indacaterol safely and possible side effects. Glycopyrronium + indacaterol is also called Ultibro Breezhaler®
|Type of medicine||Also called|
What is glycopyrronium + indacaterol?
- Glycopyrronium + indacaterol are 2 medications mixed together in a single inhalation capsule.
- This combination is used to prevent symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) , such as shortness of breath and wheezing.
- Both work by relaxing and opening up the air passages which makes breathing easier — improves shortness of breath, chest tightness and wheezing.
- Glycopyrronium + indacaterol is not used to treat sudden breathing problems. Always have a rescue inhaler or quick-acting inhaler with you to treat sudden symptoms.
- Glycopyrronium + indacaterol is available as inhalation capsules to be used with the Breezhaler inhaler device.
- The dose of glycopyrronium + indacaterol is 1 capsule inhaled once a day.
- Inhale the powder in the capsule using the Breezhaler device. Do not swallow the capsules.
- Glycopyrronium + indacaterol is a long-acting medication which means that its effects lasts for 24 hours.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully. The pharmacy label on your medicine will tell you how much to use, how often to use it and any special instructions.
How to use glycopyrronium + indacaterol
- To get the most benefit from the medication, it is important to use the correct technique when using your inhaler device.
- Ask your doctor, pharmacist, or nurse to explain how to use your Breezhaler device.
- Here is some guidance:
- Ultibro Breezhaler® NZ Consumer Medicine Information
- Inhale your glycopyrronium + indacaterol capsule using your Breezhaler device once a day.
- Try inhaling your dose about the same time each day.
- Glycopyrronium + indacaterol starts working within a few hours, but it may take longer to feel the full effects.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- However, if it is nearly time for your next dose, take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take double the dose.
- Keep inhaling your glycopyrronium + indacaterol capsule every day, even if you feel better. This will help to keep you free of symptoms throughout the day and night.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines glycopyrronium + indacaterol can cause unwanted side effects, although not everyone gets them. Often unwanted side effects improve as your body adjusts to the new medicine.
|Side effects||What should I do?|
Medsafe Consumer Information Sheets: