Adverse weather events such as earthquakes and floods may affect peoples’ access to clean water and electricity. The guidance below has been prepared by the Food Safety Authority to help protect people from foodborne illnesses during and following adverse weather events.
- During an emergency: minimise food and water spoilage
- During an emergency: focus on hygiene
- During an emergency: use safe cooking and washing water
- After an emergency: ensure food is safe
- Before the next disaster strikes: prepare a survival kit
Learn more: Food safety in an emergency Food Safety, NZ Govt