A healthy twist on a childhood favourite!
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 cup fruit, fresh/frozen/canned (eg. chopped apple, blueberries, diced peach)
- vegetable oil for brushing.
- Sift the flours and baking powder into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk together the eggs, milk and sugar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the well and mix slowly. Gradually add the fruit.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Working in batches, drop heaped teaspoons of the batter into the pan and flatten with spatula to give 5cm circles.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then turn and brown the other side. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- You can arrange some fresh or canned fruit on top.
- Serves 6.