It's amazing what you can do with egg muffins. See this great recipe from the Heart Foundation which makes for a healthy snack or lunchbox filler.
- ¼ cup (30g) raw capsicum, diced
- 1 cup (120g) cooked spinach, squeezed and chopped (or frozen)
- ¼ cup (20g) raw spring onion, chopped
- ½ cup (75g) raw tomato, diced
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup (30g) Edam cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease muffin tray (non-stick is best).
- Place vegetables into 6 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of vegetables.
- Beat eggs and pour over vegetables and cheese to fill the muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the muffin tray before removing.
You can use any combination of seasonal vegetables, as long as it equals 2 cups.
Try cooked mushroom, broccoli or mixed frozen vegetables as an alternative.