Are you looking for a fun way to increase your vege intake while still feeling like you're eating pizza? This recipe for a courgette pizza from the Heart Foundation does just that.
- 500g courgette, grated
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup flour, wholemeal
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups prepared vegetables, e.g. chopped capsicum, tomatoes, broccoli
- 60g Edam cheese, grated
- Place grated courgette in a colander and allow to drain for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and spray a baking dish with a little canola oil.
- Beat eggs and canola oil together in a large bowl, add flour and mix.
- Add the drained courgette, chopped parsley and pepper and mix together.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish and bake for 10-15 minutes until the base is firm.
- Remove from oven, spread with tomato paste.
- Place prepared vegetables – chopped capsicum, tomatoes, broccoli on top and sprinkle with Edam cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool and slice into squares.
- Serves 10.