See this great dinner recipe from My Family Food and the Heart Foundation.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 courgettes, finely chopped or grated
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or 4 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- ¼ cup grated cheese (optional)
- parsley for garnishing
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and add the milk, then mash.
- Heat oil, onions and carrots in a pan. Cook for 5–10 minutes. Add the mince and brown it.
- Add mushrooms, courgettes, tomatoes, water and tomato sauce. Mix and simmer for 20–25 minutes
- Place mince mixture in a baking dish. Spread potato over the top, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 200°C for 20–30 minutes.
See more easy meals with vegetables Health Promotion Agency, NZ