Looking for a healthy treat this Christmas? We have the answer for you!
1. Cover cashews with cold water and boil for 15–20 minutes.
2. Allow to cool to room temperature in the water.
3. Drain and reserve 150 ml of the cooking water – if there isn’t enough just top it up with tap water.
4. Place cashews and water in food processor and process until smooth.
5. Add melted chocolate and continue to blend until completely combined.
6. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Heat oven to 175°C.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until it forms a sticky fine crumb.
3. Press into a greased 20 cm tart tin.
4. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until beginning to brown and firm in the middle.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
1. Spread cashew cream over tart pastry base.
2. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set the cashew cream.
3. Just prior to serving, spread chopped fruit over the top.