See this great dinner recipe from My Family Food and the Heart Foundation.
- 500 grams mince
- 2 cups grated kūmara
- 1 can (400 grams) tomatoes, or 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon stock powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups sliced silverbeet
- extra kūmara, diced
- parsley, chopped
- Brown mince in a large saucepan.
- Add the kūmara, tomatoes, onion, water and stock powder. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peas and silverbeet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with diced, boiled, red and orange kūmara and parsley.
See more easy meals with vegetables Health Promotion Agency, NZ