See this great curry recipe from My Family Food and the Heart Foundation.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 stock cube
- ½ pumpkin, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- fresh mint
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and cook until clear.
- Add curry powder, pepper and mix well.
- Add water, coconut milk, stock cube and pumpkin. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until pumpkin is soft.
- Add peas, beans and chicken. Stir gently for 5 minutes, until steaming hot.
- Serve with hot, cooked brown rice and garnish with mint.
See more easy meals with vegetables Health Promotion Agency, NZ