Mussel fritters are a classic New Zealand meal and here's a healthier version from the Heart Foundation that taste great.
- 300g mussel meat, thawed and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (parsley, chives), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- vegetable oil (for cooking).
- Gently mix all ingredients except for the vegetable oil.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Use a small spray of vegetable oil and drop batter onto pan for each fritter. Two tablespoons of batter for a small serve or 3 tablespoons for a big serve.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Serves 8.