A variety of quick, easy and affordable family recipes.
These convenient and tasty meals will feed your family and friends without breaking the bank.
Dinner & lunch ideas
Vegetable & cannellini bean soup
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 rasher of bacon and/or 1 chorizo sausage
- 1 grated carrot
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 table spoons of tomato paste
- 1 can of cannellini beans.
- Fry onion and garlic in a large sauce pan until the onion is starting to soften.
- Add bacon and/or chorizo sausage and mix with onions. Let fry for a few minutes.
- Add carrot and celery.
- Turn temperature down, put lid on pot and let veges soften for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup to 1 cup of water (depending on the thickness of soup you like), can of tomatoes, tomato paste and cannellini beans.
- Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Note: If you want to increase the fibre and vegetable content you can add a can of lentils and if time allows you can soak, preboil and add split peas.