See this great soup recipe from My Family Food and the Heart Foundation.
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon stock powder
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 corn on the cob, cooked and kernels removed (or 2 cups frozen corn kernels)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- parsley, chopped
- Place water and stock in a large saucepan.
- Add the carrots, brown rice and onion. Cook for 30 minutes until rice is soft.
- Add corn and chicken and cook for 5 minutes, add extra water if required.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
See more easy meals with vegetables Health Promotion Agency, NZ