See this great soup recipe from My Family Food and the Heart Foundation.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 litre water
- 24 whole mussels
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3–4 bok choy
- 125 grams vermicelli noodles
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion until soft. Add curry powder and stir briefly.
- Add tomato sauce, stock cube, water, mussels and carrots. Cover and cook until mussels have opened.
- Slice bok choy crosswise into thin slices. Keep the white and green parts separate. Add white bok choy and noodles. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add green bok choy. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Then squeeze lemon juice over and serve.
See more easy meals with vegetables Health Promotion Agency, NZ