This page provides an introduction to the Ministry of Health funded project on enhancing self-management support in primary care.
Do you have a passion for empowering patients to better self-manage and take control of their health?
The Ministry of Health are funding a project to develop tools, resources and training to support general practice teams with implementing self-management support with the purpose of improving patient self-efficacy, skills, knowledge and health outcomes. This project is being led by Health Navigator Charitable Trust and Health Literacy NZ.
If you are keen to do something new and innovative, OR are already doing self-management and would like to take this to the next level, then you are invited to apply to be one of the pilot phase practices.
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to test a new model of care.
- Support from a dedicated practice coach.
- Collaborative network and resource centre.
- Funding to support dedicated time for this project.
- Learn new skills.
- Help meet your professional development requirements, clinical audits and more.
Applications closed July 2016. If you'd like to be informed of the project's findings, contact email@example.com