Help us collate a list of the most useful podcasts for health providers working in New Zealand and beyond.
Podcasting is a digital recording of a presentation, radio broadcast or other recording that is made available on the Internet for downloading to a personal audio player or a computer. The great advantage of podcasts is being able to listen to presentations, radio shows and more whenever you want - whether it's while out walking, driving to and from work or working out.
To listen to Podcast feeds on your computer, you need to download Podcasting software. There are many free or commercial podcasting applications available for download such as iTunes, Juice, Doppler, SmartFeed. Most smartphones come with this software loaded.
Examples of health-related podcasts include:
- American Family Physician GP relevant topics
- Anatomy - The Instant Anatomy website includes a range of podcasts, video podcasts, health apps and brain games to help any health professionals or students refresh their knowledge of anatomy. Website developed by Dr Robert Whitaker, a paediatric urological surgeon who now teaches anatomy to students and doctors.
- BMJ Group Podcasts - wide range of topics from Gut Podcasts to Quality, Sports, Injury and more
- Cochrane Collaboration - audio summaries of selected reviews
- Goodfellow Unit GP relevant topics
- IM reasoning Internal Medicine relevant topics
- John Hopkins Medicine News Round up - PodMed
- Living Life to it's Fullest™ - American Occupational Therapy Association podcasts for consumers
- Mayo Clinic
- MJA - Medical Journal of Australia
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Physiopedia - list of podcasts in physiotherapy & physical therapy from Physiopedia
- Pomegranate health Internal Medicine relevant topics
- Public Health: On the inside Each month, Professor Tom Burke, Associate Dean for Public Health Practice and Training at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, takes listeners to the frontlines of public health to meet interesting people working in the field.
- The Lancet
Recommend a podcast
Contact us to recommend other high quality podcasts we should add.