Presentations from the Long-Term Conditions Workshop held by the Ministry of Health in February 2014.
A workshop was held for DHB planning and funding teams including their primary care partners with responsibility for developing their regions long-term conditions part of the District Annual Plans for 2014-15. This includes those with responsibility for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke services, along with other key areas.
Key themes for the workshop included consumer participation in planning and service design, patient-centred care, shared care records, self-management support, and health literacy.
- Patient-centred care and Long-Term Condition Management Dr Helen Rodenburg, Clinical Lead, Ministry of Health
- Vicki Burnett Health Consumer Advocate
- Person centred care Consumer Engagement Roz Sorenson, Development and Improvement Leader CMDHB
- Consumer perspectives using donor kidney transplantation as an example Dr Paula Martin, PhD, Health Services Researcher
- Developing Health Literate Organisations Carla White, Workbase NZ
- Self Management Support in NZ Dr Janine Bycroft, Health Navigator NZ, ADHB and ProCare Health
- Pacific SME Programme through the Healthy Villages Action Zone
- Piki the ora, Whanganui's Self Management Programme Summary Anne Kauika, Whanganui DHB
- SMS Programme, West Coast Health Navigators Service, Danielle Smith, West Coast PHO
- Helping people help themselves through better self-management care planning Pat Flanagan with Alliance Health+
- Collaborative relationships to develop engagement, working with Work and Income NZ to improve self-management support in Hawkes Bay
- SM Programme: Kia Kaha - Manage Better, Feel Stronger. Leona Didsbury, East Tamaki Healthcare
- LTC presentation Dr Peter Gow, Chair, National Information Clinical Leadership Group
- Jo Fitzpatrick, Consumer Representative, National Health IT Board.