Presentations from the diabetes workshop held in Rotorua by the Ministry of Health on 2 May 2016.
A one-day diabetes workshop was held for District Health Boards, Primary Health Organisations and clinical leaders by the Ministry of Health with Health Navigator assisting with the event management.
The purpose was to hear from national experts, share knowledge and learnings and move towards improved consistency in the purchase and provision of diabetes services across the country.
Gap analysis & stocktake
- A stocktake and gap analysis - Dr Catherine McNamara
- Using information to reduce variation and guide improvement Dr Helen Rodenburg
- New Retinal Screening Guidance – Dr Helen Rodenburg
- Case study – Wellington Region Retinal Screening Programme - Wilson Sue
- Diabetes care improvement Chris Polaczuk & Sandy Bhawan,Te Awaikarangi PHO
- Diabetes Innovation projects – Dr Helen Rodenburg
- Prediabetes – a simple effective approach – Bee Williamson Nelson Bays Primary Health