An app for women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, who want some tools for managing stress and maintaining wellbeing during pregnancy and in the transition to parenthood.
|Positively Pregnant||By WaikatoLink|
(0 reviews) Rate this app
|Get the app from||Google Play iTunes App website|
What does the app do?
The Positively Pregnant app is created by the University of Waikato, to provide mums-to-be with information on the emotional and social changes of pregnancy. It includes activities and principles from positive psychology, as well as information and activities based on research in New Zealand and overseas about coping with stress, healthy development, and the typical challenges of pregnancy and early parenting. The app comprises 4 main sections:
- Know yourself: comprises knowing your strengths, strategies, stressors, emotions, village, style and health. The information provided in this section helps customise the app to the users needs.
- Do something: is made up of various activities such as audio activities, gratitude, notes to self, notes to baby, creativity, play a game and have a laugh.
- Conversations: has activities that are ways of starting conversations with yourself or your partner on aspects of birthing and parenting.
- Find out: brief information on about 30 topics such as being well and wellbeing, being pregnant, tips to manage stress and links to online resources.
✔ Developed by a team from the University of Waikato’s School of Psychology.
✘ Unpolished user interface with a difficult to navigate and not very intuitive layout.
Privacy and security
During the set-up, the app has a clear declaration that asks users if they are happy for their data to be collected, for research purposes. The data collected is anonymous and the user cannot be identified. Users have the option to agree or decline. Read more about things you can do to improve your safety and security when using apps.
- February 2020: Version 1.1.5, Android platform, internal review
- January 2019: Version 1.1.1, Android platform, internal and clinical review
Read more about the app review process
Disclaimer: Health Navigator’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.