An app for women going through perimenopause and menopause.
|mySysters Symptoms Tracker
||By Vorsdatter LLC
- Symptom tracking
- Social forum
- Information and education
Get the app from
Read a clinical review of this app.
Have you used this app? Tell us what you think of it
Rate this app
|Security and privacy
||Does the app:
Read more safety tips around health apps
- collect medical information? Yes
- require a login? Yes
- have password protection? Yes
- require internet access? Yes
||Basic (free); paid upgrade (NZ $15.99 per month)
Learn more about app charges
What does the app do?
The mySysters symptoms tracker app is mainly an app to track symptoms associated with menopause. The app also has a social forum section and an information section. Overall this is a very basic app with some safety concerns. For a more detailed review, see Reviews.
✔ Basic symptom tracking (free).
✔ View blog articles written by non-health professionals (free on the website, paid in the app).
✔ Menopause forum (paid).
✘ Expensive at NZ $15.99 a month.
✘ Some concerns with the articles:
- No apparent input from health professionals.
- Many opinion pieces with varying amounts of medical information. The medical information is generally accurate but often incomplete.
- Some may find the articles offensive due to the extensive use of colourful language and ranting nature. However, this may suit other readers.
✘ Some concerns with the forum:
- It doesn’t appear to be moderated.
- It is not very active, likely partly due to the cost barrier, with around 60-odd threads of varying quality.
- There are no date or time stamps.
- There appears to be little benefit of using this over a social media group such as a menopause Facebook group.
✘ The tracking feature is poor compared to other apps, eg, you can’t view any graphing within the app, you can’t add custom symptoms and there is no medication section.
Date of review: November 2019
Platform reviewed: Apple
Download size: 24.5MB
Last updated: 18 October 2019
Released: 19 January 2017
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Disclaimer: Health Navigator’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.
Did you find this information useful?
Reviewer: Jeremy Steinberg, GP, RNZCGP
Date of review: November 2019
Comments: This app has three sections. There is a tracking section, a blog article section and a forum.
The tracking section is free but doesn’t have many of the features common to this type of tool. The articles can be accessed for free from the website or via the app with the paid version. They are mostly opinion pieces with little medical information, and some may find the tone offensive. The forum requires paid access and has fewer features than a standard menopause Facebook group.
Safety concerns: There is no apparent input from health professionals. Some concerns with the forum: it doesn’t appear to be moderated, although it is not very active, likely partly due to the cost barrier, with around 60-odd threads of varying quality.
New Zealand relevance: Relevant to New Zealand users.