An app for people wanting to learn about gut health or for people with coeliac disease and gluten intolerance.
|My Healthy Gut
||By KORE Digital Health Therapeutics Inc.
- Education and information
(about gut health)
- Symptom tracking
- Meal plans and recipes
(0 reviews) Rate this app
|Security and privacy
- Collects medical information: Yes
- Requires login: Yes (but only to one of the sections)
- Can be password protected: Yes
- Requires internet access to use: Yes
- Read more about safety tips around health apps
|Get the app from
||App website iTunes
||Free (basic); Paid (upgrade)
What does the app do?
The app is divided into 4 main sections:
- Home: has information about general digestive health including how the gut works, gut bacteria and how lifestyle and eating habits affect your gut. This is available with the free and paid versions.
- Ready: this comprises the General Digestive Health section which is available with the free version and has information on the top 25 pro-digestive foods and top 3 pro-digestive supplements. Information for coeliac disease or gluten intolerance is only available with the paid upgrade.
- Set: has information on meals plans, with one basic meal plan available with the free version and others available with paid upgrade.
- Go: comprises in-app packages for sale.
For the complete app description, go to iTunes , app website or for a more detailed review, see Reviews.
✔ Developed by a dietitian, health psychologist and tech entrepreneur with feedback from dietitians, doctors and patients with coeliac disease. The development process was outlined in a published journal article.
✔ The free version includes:
- Comprehensive, evidence-based, and extensively referenced education section on general gut health.
- Additional specific accurate information regarding coeliac disease and gluten intolerance
- 1-day meal plan (4 recipes).
- High-quality information about 3 supplements and 25 foods with specific reference to coeliac disease and gluten intolerance.
✔ The complete package ($6.99) was also reviewed, and includes:
- Extra extremely comprehensive information about coeliac disease, gluten intolerance, and practical tips.
- Searchable food database for what is safe to eat.
- 7-day gluten free meal plan (24 recipes)
- Shareable food and symptom journal and tracker.
- High-quality information about 10 supplements and 50 foods with specific reference to coeliac disease and gluten intolerance.
- Diet and symptom tracker.
✘ No safe restaurant and grocery store lists
✘ No community section
✘ No barcode scanning
✘ Some parts of the education section may be challenging for someone with poor health literacy and a low educational background.
Date of review: May 2019
Platform reviewed: Apple
Download size: 67.6 MB
Updated on: 1/12/2017
Dowd AJ, Jackson C, Tang KTY, et al. MyHealthyGut: development of a theory-based self-regulatory app to effectively manage celiac disease. Mhealth. 2018 Jun 11;4:19
Disclaimer: Health Navigator’s app library is a free consumer service to help you decide whether a health app would be suitable for you. Our review process is independent. We have no relationship with the app developers or companies and no responsibility for the service they provide. This means that if you have an issue with one of the apps we have reviewed, you will need to contact the app developer or company directly.
Reviewer: Jeremy Steinberg, GP, RNZCGP
Date of review: May 2019
Comments: This app is primarily designed for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, however it also has information about general gut health and irritable bowel syndrome.
The app has a very useful and informative education. It is evidence-based, extensively referenced and includes many very helpful tips on staying gluten free. The searchable food database is also very handy but it lacks barcode scanning.
Free access gives you general gut education, recommended top 25 foods and 3 supplements, and a 1 day gluten free meal plan (4 recipes).
The paid version (complete package) includes recommended top 50 foods and 10 supplements, a 7 day gluten free meal plan (24 recipes), a food and symptom tracker, a searchable safe-to-eat food database, and high quality information about celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Safety concerns: None.
New Zealand relevance: Imperial measurements are used.