An app designed to teach younger children about asthma, using a fun and interactive game.
|Wizdy Pets - Asthma Game||Basic features|
What does the app do?
This app aims to to educate children about asthma, in an enjoyable, entertaining game. In the game, kids adopt a fire-breathing dragon who wants to blow fire like all of its friends, but can't because it has asthma. It's up to kids to care for their pet's asthma. During the game kids learn about asthma care, inhaler timing, inhaler technique, triggers, symptom recognition and appropriate actions to avoid asthma attacks. As children keep their pet dragon healthy, they will unlock each new level and they earn badges by completing missions (there are 30 badges in all).
|Pros ✔||Cons ✘|
|Date of this review: March 2017|
Apps that could help you manage or learn about your asthma Montana Asthma Control Program
The following references relate to articles about apps for asthma:
- Connected asthma: how technology will transform care Asthma UK
- Hui CY, Walton R, McKinstry B, et al. The use of mobile applications to support self-management for people with asthma: a systematic review of controlled studies to identify features associated with clinical effectiveness and adherence. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016 Oct 2.
- Cook KA, Modena BD, Simon RA. Improvement in Asthma Control Using a Minimally Burdensome and Proactive Smartphone Application. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016 Jul-Aug;4(4):730-737.
- Househ M, Hossain N, Jamal A, et al. A cross-sectional content analysis of Android applications for asthma. Health Informatics J. 2016 Mar 3.
- Wu AC, Carpenter JF, Himes BE. Mobile health applications for asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2015 May-Jun;3(3):446-8
- Marcano Belisario JS, Huckvale K, et al. Smartphone and tablet self management apps for asthma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Nov 27;(11)