An app aimed at anyone who snores, to get a better idea of their snoring patterns.
- Free version has advertising
- Paid version has no ads
- No internet needed except to update the app
- Data can be exported (paid version)
- No social networking options
- No online support community
*This app is awaiting clinical and user reviews. If you are interested in helping with reviews, contact email@example.com
What does the app do?
The app enables the user to record and track their snoring. By placing your mobile device at your bedside, it records your snoring. For each sleep session the calculates a snore score, which is a measure of snoring intensity, and provides a report showing when and how loudly you snored, with a selection of audio samples. The app is helpful for people with snoring problems, to assess their snoring patterns. It may be useful to assess the impact of snoring remedies or other lifestyle changes (reduction in alcohol intake, weight loss, medications) on snoring. The free version of the app has basic features and in-app advertising. The user is encouraged to upgrade to the paid version ($8.49) to access additional features, including data export and an ad-free option.
Note: the app is not suitable if there are 2 snorers in the room.
For the complete app description, go to either iTunes (apple) or Google Play (android).
- Has a language option in settings which allows the user to change the display to another language.
- Provides basic information on snoring
- There is no information describing how the snore score is calculated.
- The free version has limited customizable features. The user is encouraged to upgrade to the paid version ($8.49) to access additional features.
|Date of this review: February 2017
This app has been reviewed by other independent websites:
Ranked: Snore Lab
Practical Apps 2: Insomnia
The following references relate to articles about apps for snoring:
- Camacho M, Robertson M, Abdullatif J, et al. Smartphone apps for snoring. J Laryngol Otol. 2015 Oct;129(10):974-9.
- Ko PR, Kientz JA, Choe EK, et al. Consumer Sleep Technologies: A Review of the Landscape. J Clin Sleep Med. 2015 Dec 15;11(12):1455-61.
- Sands SA, Owens RL. Does my bed partner have OSA? There's an app for that! J Clin Sleep Med. 2014 Jan 15;10(1):79-80.
The tech review relates to the technical aspects of the app, such as security, privacy, etc.
Reviewer: Unmesh Jyoti Nitin, PGDip Health Informatics, March 2017
Technical score: ★★★☆☆
- Security& Privacy: The app doesn’t collect any personal data. However, anonymous usage of the app is tracked with the help of Flurry Analytics system in order to improve the app features and to understand the purpose behind the usage of the app.
- Platform Support: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Android 4.2 and up.
- Performance: App is responsive and features are performing as designed.
- Impact of app on battery: App doesn’t need WiFi/mobile data except for the app update. Therefore, it won’t drain the battery extensively.
- Data Sharing : No apparent data sharing in free version. However, in paid version data can be exported in spreadsheets and shared.
The following links provide more detailed information on the technical aspects of apps.
Understanding mobile apps Consumer Information Federal Trade Commission
Mobile Privacy North Caroline Health Info
Mobile health and fitness apps: What are the privacy risks? Privacy Rights Clearinghouse