The following smoking cessation apps have been reviewed.
|Quit Guide app||An app from the National Cancer Institute aimed at anyone wanting to quit smoking. Provides useful advice on how to manage cravings, triggers and moods.|
|Quit Smoking - QuitNow app||An app to support people who are trying to quit smoking. Simple, easy to use app. Has instant messaging from a “live community” which are not always relevant to quitting smoking. Requires paid upgrade for more features.|
|Quit Pro app||An app to support people who are trying to quit smoking. Has colourful, visually appealing graphs. Free version has limited options - requires paid upgrade for most features.|
|SmartQuit app||An app to support people who are trying to quit smoking. Comprises a quitting program, called the SmartQuit program, which guides the user through a series of steps to quitting. Requires paid upgrade to access all the features and the full program.|
|* These apps are awaiting clinical and user reviews. If you are interested in helping with reviews, contact email@example.com|
The following references relate to articles about apps for smoking cessation:
- Whittaker R, McRobbie H, Bullen C, Rodgers A, Gu Y. Mobile phone-based interventions for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 Apr 10;4:CD006611.
- Hoeppner BB, Hoeppner SS, Seaboyer L, et al. How Smart are Smartphone Apps for Smoking Cessation? A Content Analysis. Nicotine Tob Res. 2016. May;18(5):1025-31.
- Heminger CL, Schindler-Ruwisch JM, Abroms LC. Smoking cessation support for pregnant women: role of mobile technology. Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2016 Apr 12;7:15-26.
- Baskerville NB, Dash D, Wong K, et al. Perceptions Toward a Smoking Cessation App Targeting LGBTQ+ Youth and Young Adults: A Qualitative Framework Analysis of Focus Groups. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2016 Nov 18;2(2):e165.
- Ubhi HK, Michie S, Kotz D, et al. Characterising smoking cessation smartphone applications in terms of behaviour change techniques, engagement and ease-of-use features. Transl Behav Med. 2016 Sep;6(3):410-7.
- Abroms LC, Lee Westmaas J, Bontemps-Jones J, et al. A content analysis of popular smartphone apps for smoking cessation. Am J Prev Med. 2013 Dec;45(6):732-6.
- Finkelstein J, Cha EM. Using a Mobile App to Promote Smoking Cessation in Hospitalized Patients. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2016 May 6;4(2):e59.