An app aimed at anyone wanting to quit smoking.
|*This app is awaiting clinical and user reviews. If you are interested in helping with reviews, contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
What does the app do?
This app aims to motivate people who are trying to quit smoking by tracking the time until your quit date, how many cigarettes you smoked, and the number you avoided smoking, the money saved and the health benefits. To help you better understand your smoking habits, the app tracks the moods or times of day you smoke, so that you can develop a quitting strategy.
|PROS ✔||CONS ✘|
|Date of this review: December 2016|
This app has been reviewed by other independent websites:
Practical Apps 5: Smoking
The following references relate to articles about apps for smoking cessation:
- Whittaker R, McRobbie H, Bullen C, Rodgers A, Gu Y. Mobile phone-based interventions for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 Apr 10;4:CD006611.
- Hoeppner BB, Hoeppner SS, Seaboyer L, et al. How Smart are Smartphone Apps for Smoking Cessation? A Content Analysis. Nicotine Tob Res. 2016. May;18(5):1025-31.
- Heminger CL, Schindler-Ruwisch JM, Abroms LC. Smoking cessation support for pregnant women: role of mobile technology. Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2016 Apr 12;7:15-26.
- Baskerville NB, Dash D, Wong K, et al. Perceptions Toward a Smoking Cessation App Targeting LGBTQ+ Youth and Young Adults: A Qualitative Framework Analysis of Focus Groups. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2016 Nov 18;2(2):e165.
- Ubhi HK, Michie S, Kotz D, et al. Characterising smoking cessation smartphone applications in terms of behaviour change techniques, engagement and ease-of-use features. Transl Behav Med. 2016 Sep;6(3):410-7.
- Abroms LC, Lee Westmaas J, Bontemps-Jones J, et al. A content analysis of popular smartphone apps for smoking cessation. Am J Prev Med. 2013 Dec;45(6):732-6.
- Finkelstein J, Cha EM. Using a Mobile App to Promote Smoking Cessation in Hospitalized Patients. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2016 May 6;4(2):e59.
- A handbook on how to implement mTobaccoCessation WHO publication, 2015