The following medication adherence apps have been reviewed.
|App name Description||User score||Clinical score||Technical score|
|An app aimed at anyone wanting to keep track of their medicines and when to take them.||pending||★☆☆☆☆||★★★☆☆|
|Medisafe Meds & Pill Reminder||An app aimed at anyone wanting to keep track of their medicines and when to take them.||pending||★★★★☆||★★★★☆|
|MyTherapy Meds & Pill Reminder||An app aimed at anyone wanting to keep track of their medicines and when to take them.||*This app is awaiting clinical and user reviews. If you are interested in helping with reviews, contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
The following references relate to articles about apps for medication adherence.
- Haase J, Farris KB, Dorsch MP. Mobile Applications to Improve Medication Adherence. Telemed J E Health. 2016 Jun 1
- Nguyen E, Bugno L, Kandah C, et al. Is There a Good App for That? Evaluating m-Health Apps for Strategies That Promote Pediatric Medication Adherence. Telemed J E Health. 2016 Apr 12
- Davies MJ, Kotadia A, Mughal H, et al. The attitudes of pharmacists, students and the general public on mHealth applications for medication adherence. Pharm Pract (Granada). 2015 Oct-Dec;13(4):644.
- Becker S, Brandl C, Meister S, et al. Demographic and health related data of users of a mobile application to support drug adherence is associated with usage duration and intensity. PLoS One. 2015 Jan 28;10(1)
- DiDonato KL, Liu Y, Lindsey CC, et al. Community pharmacy patient perceptions of a pharmacy-initiated mobile technology app to improve adherence. Int J Pharm Pract. 2015 Oct;23(5):309-19.
- Heldenbrand S, Martin BC, Gubbins PO, et al. Assessment of medication adherence app features, functionality, and health literacy level and the creation of a searchable Web-based adherence app resource for health care professionals and patients. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2016 May-Jun;56(3):293-302.
- Lindsey Dayer, Seth Heldenbrand, Paul Anderson, et al. Smartphone medication adherence apps: Potential benefits to patients and providers. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2013 Mar-Apr; 53(2): 172–181