Using a heart failure app can help you better manage your heart failure by:
- reminding you to monitor your symptoms such as your weight, checking your legs for swelling
- reminding you to take your medicines
- providing information on a low-salt diet
- reminding you about your health care provider appointments
- providing information on safe exercises.
The Health Navigator team has reviewed some heart failure apps that you may like to consider.
|Heart Failure Health Storylines app
|H2O Overload app
The following references relate to articles about apps for heart failure.
- Masterson Creber RM, Maurer MS, Reading M, et al. Review and Analysis of Existing Mobile Phone Apps to Support Heart Failure Symptom Monitoring and Self-Care Management Using the Mobile Application Rating Scale (MARS). JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2016 Jun 14;4(2):e74.
- Cajita MI, Gleason KT, Han H. A Systematic Review of mHealth-Based Heart Failure Interventions. J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2016;31(3):E10–22.