We're hiring! If you are passionate about ensuring your whānau and all New Zealanders have access to accurate, easy-to-understand health content, read below to see the current vacancies and opportunities for being part of our awesome team.
Digital content writer/editor
Want to join an amazing organisation that’s making a positive difference in people’s lives?
Health Navigator NZ is looking to expand its talented writing team with an exceptional part-time, 20 hours per week, contract writer/editor.
You can work remotely from any location – or catch up with colleagues more often if you live in Auckland, as most of us are based in Tamaki Makaurau.
Come and join our friendly team to provide the very best information possible for New Zealanders so they can better look after their own and their whānau’s health.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Researching and writing new content for the website.
- Reviewing and updating existing content on the website to align with current clinical guidelines.
- Loading content into the CMS.
- Reviewing content written by other writers on the team.
- Ensuring high quality processes are followed.
- Participating in weekly writers’ huddles and weekly and monthly team meetings, including in person in Auckland from time to time.
- Standing in for the content manager when she is on leave.
- Contributing ideas to assist continuous quality improvement.
- Personal and professional life experiences that support being able to produce digital content that resonates with Māori whānau.
- Solid experience (at least three years) in writing and editing, preferably in medical/health.
- Ideally, a background that enables a high level of comprehension of medical terminology and information.
- Experience in developing digital content.
- Understanding of the social and economic determinants of health and why health equity and health literacy matter.
- Experience working independently/remotely.
How to apply
Read the position description.
Register your interest: Attach a CV, cover letter and examples or links to reports or articles you have written to the application form.
Closing date: Sunday 1 August 2021
Clinical reviewers (honorary role)
We are looking to expand our pool of clinicians willing to review our health information and clinician pages.
This voluntary position would suit New Zealand-based or trained nurses, allied health professionals or doctors who are available to review a few topics throughout the year. The time commitment is minimal and the reviews can be done from anywhere. Guidance and support is provided.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.