Cilazapril can also be called by its brand name, this is
- Cilazapril AFP
Combination Medications include: Inhibace Plus, Apo-Cilazapril/HCTZ
What is cilazapril?
- Cilazapril is a medicine that reduces high blood pressure and is used to treat heart problems such as heart failure
- It is in a group of medications called ACE inhibitors.
- Sometimes also used to protect the kidneys
How to take cilazapril
- Take cilazapril at the same time each day.
- It does not matter if you take cilazapril with or without food.
- If you forget to take your tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- But, if it is nearly time for your next tablet, just take the next tablet at the right time.
- Do not take double the amount of tablets.
- Do not take potassium tablets whilst taking cilazapril, unless your doctor tells you to.
- When starting cilazapril, it may make you feel dizzy if you stand up too quickly. So, try to stand up slowly.
Side effects when first starting cilazapril, most go away with time
- Coughing - if this doesn't stop, see your doctor
- Foods taste different
Ring and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist immediately if you
- Get skin rashes, itching, swelling of the face, lips, mouth or have problems breathing
- Get really bad tummy pain
- Faint after taking cilazapril
Consumer Information - Medsafe sheet Inhibace